- OEI Updates: Building Our Online Learning Ecosystem
- Accessibil-IT: Automated Accessibility Testing
- OEI Updates: The Important Work Of Ensuring Access For Every Student
- Accessibil-IT: Hands-on Accessibility Testing
- Security Matters: Ransomware
- OEI Updates: What Lies Ahead In 2017
- Accessibil-IT: A Refresh Of Section 508 Standards
- OEI Updates: Distance Ed Uniting Our Colleges
- Security Matters: New CCC Security Services
- Accessibil-IT: Standards, Yes… But Not Alone
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jory Hadsell Thursday, 26 January 2017
The end of 2016 and move into 2017 kicks off a transition to a new phase for the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI). Having served as the Chief Academic Officer for the project since almost the beginning of the initiative, and more recently taking over as Executive Director behind the legendary Pat James, I have had the opportunity to see the growth and progress of the OEI from an up-close perspective.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Sean Keegan Thursday, 26 January 2017
On Jan. 18, the Information and Communication Technology Standards and Guidelines rule was published in the Federal Register, and brought to an end a nearly eight-year process of updating and “refreshing” the U.S. Section 508 Standards.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jeff Holden Thursday, 15 December 2016
Big things are on the horizon next year for the California Community Colleges (CCC) Information Security Center. We have three new services that will be rolled out for use by all of the colleges, systemwide.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Thursday, 15 December 2016
Hello! I wanted to fill you in on where we are and say farewell as the Executive Director of the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI). The last three years have gone by so quickly and we have accomplished a lot.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Sean Keegan Thursday, 15 December 2016
Accessibility standards, such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 or US Section 508 Standards, can be used to set institutional benchmarks and provide guidance in developing or procuring electronic and information technology (IT) supporting access for individuals with disabilities.