- OEI Updates: The Non-Technology Sphere Of Innovation
- Accessibil-IT: Upcoming Services From The CCC Accessibility Center
- Accessibil-IT: Automated Accessibility Testing
- OEI Updates: Building Our Online Learning Ecosystem
- OEI Updates: The Important Work Of Ensuring Access For Every Student
- Accessibil-IT: Hands-on Accessibility Testing
- Security Matters: Ransomware
- OEI Updates: What Lies Ahead In 2017
- Accessibil-IT: A Refresh Of Section 508 Standards
- OEI Updates: Distance Ed Uniting Our Colleges
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Sean Keegan Thursday, 23 February 2017
Web and information technology (IT) accessibility evaluations involve a combination of both automated and manual accessibility testing. Whereas automated accessibility tests focus on code accuracy and technical conformance, manual accessibility tests focus on functionality and the degree to which an individual with a disability can perceive, operate and understand a website or IT product.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jeff Holden Thursday, 26 January 2017
Ransomware has been in the news lately, with one of California’s community colleges having recently fallen victim to it. If you are not familiar with the term, ransomware is a type of malicious malware.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Sean Keegan Thursday, 26 January 2017
On Jan. 18, the Information and Communication Technology Standards and Guidelines rule was published in the Federal Register, and brought to an end a nearly eight-year process of updating and “refreshing” the U.S. Section 508 Standards.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jory Hadsell Thursday, 26 January 2017
The end of 2016 and move into 2017 kicks off a transition to a new phase for the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI). Having served as the Chief Academic Officer for the project since almost the beginning of the initiative, and more recently taking over as Executive Director behind the legendary Pat James, I have had the opportunity to see the growth and progress of the OEI from an up-close perspective.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Thursday, 15 December 2016
Hello! I wanted to fill you in on where we are and say farewell as the Executive Director of the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI). The last three years have gone by so quickly and we have accomplished a lot.