- OEI Updates: The Non-Technology Sphere Of Innovation
- Accessibil-IT: Upcoming Services From The CCC Accessibility Center
- Accessibil-IT: Automated Accessibility Testing
- OEI Updates: Building Our Online Learning Ecosystem
- OEI Updates: The Important Work Of Ensuring Access For Every Student
- Accessibil-IT: Hands-on Accessibility Testing
- Security Matters: Ransomware
- OEI Updates: What Lies Ahead In 2017
- Accessibil-IT: A Refresh Of Section 508 Standards
- OEI Updates: Distance Ed Uniting Our Colleges
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Tuesday, 05 May 2015
I want to thank those who choose to take a deeper look at community colleges and online learning than the authors of some recent articles have done. The California Community Colleges (CCC) is aware of the completion gap, and why it exists.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Wednesday, 22 April 2015
This is the 10th month of blog posts from me and, as I look back, it is clear that we at the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI) have completed a ton of work!
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Wednesday, 25 February 2015
The California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI) has recently hit some major milestones–most significantly the selection of Instructure’s Canvas as the common course management system (CCMS) for our colleges.
The process actually started last summer at the Distance Education Coordinators’ Retreat in San Diego. It continued in fall, with the formation of the full CCMS Committee comprised of the CCMS Workgroup of the OEI Steering Committee and representatives of the Full Launch Pilot Colleges, and culminated with the selection on Feb. 5, 2015.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Thursday, 26 March 2015
The months are flying by and we are so busy here in Online Education Initiative (OEI) land. I keep thinking that things will slow down as we solidify the initiative components, but it seems they are picking up speed instead! Everyday there is a success that is followed by a new challenge, and so the building of the initiative continues.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Wednesday, 28 January 2015
Hello there! I am in our offices at Foothill College as I write this, and I am so impressed by the supportive atmosphere at this institution, for both students and staff! It’s quite interesting for someone like me, who has been immersed in one college for so long, to experience another culture.