- OEI Updates: Building Our Online Learning Ecosystem
- Accessibil-IT: Automated Accessibility Testing
- OEI Updates: The Important Work Of Ensuring Access For Every Student
- Accessibil-IT: Hands-on Accessibility Testing
- Security Matters: Ransomware
- OEI Updates: What Lies Ahead In 2017
- Accessibil-IT: A Refresh Of Section 508 Standards
- OEI Updates: Distance Ed Uniting Our Colleges
- Security Matters: New CCC Security Services
- Accessibil-IT: Standards, Yes… But Not Alone
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Thursday, 17 November 2016
This is likely my last blog post as the Executive Director of the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI).
I have complete confidence in the ability of the established OEI team under the direction of Jory Hadsell to continue the philosophy that we do what is good for students in all cases and continue the good work of the initiative.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jeff Holden Thursday, 17 November 2016
The internet is a wide open space and, much like the real world, contains the greatest and the darkest of things. This blog will focus on the best browsing practices to protect yourself on the internet.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Jeff Holden Thursday, 20 October 2016
If you’re not familiar with the term phishing, it is an attempt to fraudulently obtain sensitive information such as account login and passwords, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, account numbers, etc.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Sean Keegan Thursday, 17 November 2016
A question often asked is, “Why are web and IT accessibility requirements necessary when students can request accommodations?” This perception is not uncommon and stems from a misunderstanding as to the right of access and the role of student accommodations in the higher education environment.
LAST_UPDATED2 Written by Pat James Thursday, 20 October 2016
Hello! It’s surprising how quickly these months go by. It’s also hard to imagine that in only two and a half months, I will be turning over the job of Executive Director of the California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI) to someone else.