- Online Teaching Conference '13 Program Announced
- Theft Of Higher Education Records Up In 2012
- EduSoCal'13 Meet/Share/Learn/Play Again
- PESC Spring 2013 Data Summit
- Open Education, MOOCs And Student Access
- Nominate Excellence: BOW, DEAA, DCCA Awards
- Security News 04.15.13
- CCC Information Security Survey Results
- New Video Repository For The CCC System
- CISOA Tech Awards, Conference Wrap Up
TechEDge eNews Update
Last Updated on Thursday, 10 May 2012 Written by Tiffiny Hickey Tuesday, 08 May 2012
Registration is open for the 2012 Online Teaching Conference (OTC). Register now to save $50 on in-person attendance. The conference will be held at Evergreen Valley College in San Jose, June 13-15, 2012.
The OTC, now in its 11th year, focuses on community college faculty, staff, and administrators engaged (or interested) in online education, including delivery of online services such as student, faculty, library and technical support. The conference theme is “The Many Faces of Online Teaching” with special emphasis on diversity, open content, real-world solutions and applications, as well as the many faces involved in online education.
Highlights of the upcoming conference are the focus of these three TechEDge stories:
- Online Teaching Conference 2012: Register Now (February 16, 2012)
- Spotlight: Amelito Enriquez To Keynote OTC 2012 (March 20, 2012)
- OTC 2012: Focus On Pre-Conference Workshops (April 11, 2012)
The complete conference program is now available online.
In addition, the conference committee has announced a Digital Media Showcase, which invites online teachers to submit their digital media for review and possible presentation during the conference. The showcase intends to highlight how online teachers are integrating and using technology in their classes to increase student success and engagement. To participate in the showcase, fill out the application form and email it to Chris Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both in-person and/or online conference attendance are available. Online attendance is free, however registration is still required. In-person attendee fees include breakfast and lunch.
- $175 regular (April 21, 2011-June 11, 2012)
- $225 onsite
For more information about the 2012 OTC, please visit: http://onlineteachingconference.org.
You may also contact Tiffiny Hickey, Conference Coordinator, at 760-744-1150 x1527 or email your questions to email@example.com.<>
Tiffiny Hickey is the Online Teaching Conference Coordinator.