- Sessions Announced For 2016 Workshops
- What If All Of Our Wildest Dreams Come True?
- Chancellor’s Report Shows Systemwide Gains
- 2016 CISOA/3CBG Conference Speakers Announced
- CENIC, ESnet Partner On Cybersecurity
- Prof. Dev. For CCCAssess Implementation Teams
- Demand Strong For Canvas Trainings
- Ed Planning Initiative Creates Webinar Series
- CAI Prepares For CCCAssess Field Testing
- CCC Faculty Support OEI Readiness Tools
Get TechEDge eNews Updates
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 Written by Michelle Taramasco Thursday, 16 February 2012
Attend this free CCC Confer webinar at noon PST on Thursday, February 23, and learn proven recruitment and retention strategies that help female students succeed in STEM classes.
In this one-hour online training, Donna Milgram, from the Institute for Women in Trades, Technology and Science will share with you:
- The # 1 secret to increasing the number of women in your classes
- The top three recruitment strategies-according to the women themselves
- Why just changing your thinking isn't enough, and what you can do about it
- The critical thing women want to hear up front that will keep them engaged throughout your course
- Three simple techniques you can implement tomorrow so your female students will excel in the lab
Learn about one community college program in which female enrollment has risen from 18 percent to 33 percent. Initially, less than 65 percent of the female students completed the computer program. Using the IWITTS system, they turned those results around so now more than 85 percent of female students complete their classes.
Milgram is the Executive Director of the National Institute for Women in Trades, Technology and Science. She has conducted national and state trainings and workshops in 44 states. She is the Principal Investigator of the CalWomenTech Project, highlighted by the National Science Foundation in 2009 for boosting recruitment and retention rates of women in community college technology programs.
To attend the WomenTech Educators Free Webinar Sign Up Here.
Michelle Taramasco is Client Services Manager for CCC Confer.