- Online Education Initiative Town Hall
- CCC Joining Forces For Online Success
- Campus Technology Forum 2014
- NCES CEDS 4.0 Release, PESC 15TH Annual Best Practices Competition 2014
- Two Sloan-C Conferences Focus On Student Success, Call For Proposals
- Martha Kanter To Keynote Online Teaching Conference 2014
- 2014 CCCApply, eTranscripts Workshop
- CCC Security Awareness Training
- Chancellor Harris To Keynote CISOA/3CBG 2014
- Security News 12.17.13
TechEDge eNews Update
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 Written by Michelle Taramasco Thursday, 16 February 2012
Attend this free CCC Confer webinar at noon PST on Thursday, February 23, and learn proven recruitment and retention strategies that help female students succeed in STEM classes.
In this one-hour online training, Donna Milgram, from the Institute for Women in Trades, Technology and Science will share with you:
- The # 1 secret to increasing the number of women in your classes
- The top three recruitment strategies-according to the women themselves
- Why just changing your thinking isn't enough, and what you can do about it
- The critical thing women want to hear up front that will keep them engaged throughout your course
- Three simple techniques you can implement tomorrow so your female students will excel in the lab
Learn about one community college program in which female enrollment has risen from 18 percent to 33 percent. Initially, less than 65 percent of the female students completed the computer program. Using the IWITTS system, they turned those results around so now more than 85 percent of female students complete their classes.
Milgram is the Executive Director of the National Institute for Women in Trades, Technology and Science. She has conducted national and state trainings and workshops in 44 states. She is the Principal Investigator of the CalWomenTech Project, highlighted by the National Science Foundation in 2009 for boosting recruitment and retention rates of women in community college technology programs.
To attend the WomenTech Educators Free Webinar Sign Up Here.
Michelle Taramasco is Client Services Manager for CCC Confer.