The California Community Colleges Chief Information Systems Officers Association (CISOA) and SecureIT are collaborating on a joint conference that will allow the groups to leverage their resources and present an outstanding set of pre-conference and conference sessions at a reasonable price.
The joint CISOA/SecureIT 2011 Conference will be held April 4-6, 2011 in Santa Clara, California. The two organizations developed the conference program together in order to present a unified set of sessions that will address many of the current concerns of the IT professional in management, security, information systems and IT curriculum. The full conference program will also feature important keynote speakers and breakout sessions.
As added incentive CISOA members who purchase full conference registration will receive one free pre-conference workshop—a $150 value—intended to increase the benefit to the individual and the institution they serve. Only California Community Colleges staff members with a community college e-mail address may take advantage of this offer.
Pre-conference sessions will be presented by the SANS Institute and the Open Web Application Security Project on April 4, 2011. Pre-conference session topics will include:
- Top 10 Web Vulnerabilities,
- Secure Software Development,
- Risk Management for the CIO,
- And one session yet to be determined, which will be announced at the CISOA website.
The following are offered as the benefits and value of attendance:
- A first: The CCC Chief Information System Officers will have the opportunity to collaborate with CIOs from the University of California and the California State University systems at a leadership forum during the conference.
- The conference offers an opportunity for collaboration between and among California Community Colleges leaders and support staff, the institutions and the vendors that they do business with and state government offices.
- The conference has historically been supported by the Technology, Research and Information Systems Division of the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office. The support of the office of Patrick Perry, Vice Chancellor, including its consistent participation and presentations at the conferences provide a direct connection to the Governor of California and the CCC Chancellor's Office.
- This event supports the California Community Colleges efforts in critically safeguarding campus information data and systems through presentations and pre-conference workshops that provide strong security procedures, standards and controls, as well as sharing of best practices.
- CISOA members can take advantage of SecureIT’s nine-year history of delivering a valuable conference that is informative and engaging for the security professionals and faculty at the UC, CCC and CSU as well as other higher education institutions and industry entities.
- The 2011 event will bring SANS Institute workshops to CCC staff members at a significant savings. The pre-conference workshops are only $150 per session, and with full conference registration one session will be paid by CISOA .
- CISOA conferences are held in the north and south alternately to allow widespread attendance by California Community Colleges technology leaders.
- The cost of the conference is held low and no out of state travel is required.
- The location of the venue makes travel arrangements easy for attendees. Three major airports are near the hotel: San Jose, Oakland, and San Francisco.
- The networking opportunities for our campus professional staff and managers are invaluable and often result in robust and successful collaborative efforts.
Full conference registration cost is $375, with one-day registration priced at $190.<>
CISOA website: http://cisoa.net/
SecureIT website: http://secureitconf.com/
Susan Guarino, Dean of Information Technology at Mt. San Jacinto College, serves as Conference and Program Chair for CISOA.