Session topics have been announced for the 2016 CCCApply & California Electronic Transcripts workshops being held March 22-23 at Fullerton College in Fullerton, Calif. Registration is open and there is no charge to attend.
The annual two-day event brings together colleagues from admissions and records, student success/enrollment, information technology and administration to share best practices for using OpenCCCApply and eTranscript California, two web-based applications being promoted within the California Community Colleges (CCC) to streamline student matriculation.
CCCApply International Application Preview
Meanwhile, colleges are invited to a pre-release online demo of the new CCCApply International Application on Friday, Feb. 19, at 2 p.m. The International Application is scheduled to be released to colleges and students on March 31. In preparation for the release, colleges are invited to view the application and get started on the implementation project.
The new application is also among the many subjects to be explored on Day 1 of the CCCApply & California Electronic Transcripts Workshops. Both days will begin with continental breakfast at 8 a.m., and sessions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Read on for more about the topics that will be covered.
Day 1: CCCApply
This year's CCCApply Workshop will focus on helping colleges get the most out of their OpenCCCApply implementation. The day will also feature an exploration of statewide technology initiatives, including the Online Education Initiative, Education Planning Initiative, Common Assessment Initiative and the Student Services Portal.
CCCApply workshop topics will include:
- CCCApply Residency Algorithm 101
- Statewide Initiatives & The Student Services Portal
- Advanced Report Center Training
- Institutional Reporting Requirements and CCCApply
- The BOG Fee Waiver & International Application Demo
- IT Tips & Tricks: Leveraging CCCApply with Email Rules & Supplemental Questions
- 2016 Annual Update
- Upgrade Shibboleth IdP to v3
Day 2: California Electronic Transcripts
Open to attendees from all higher education institutions, the California Electronic Transcripts workshop will cover the latest trends in transcript exchange and how institutions are using multiple transcript exchange methods to achieve greater success and streamline their business processes.
eTranscripts session topics will include:
- Working with e-Verify for Transfer Students
- Associate Degree for Transfer Processing and Redirection
- High School Transcripts with California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI)
- General Education Certification
- CCC Education Planning Initiative and Portal
- Getting Started Trading Transcripts
- ASSIST Next Generation
For more information about the workshops, including where to stay, and to register for one or both days, visit the workshops event page.
Crista Souza is the TechEDge News Editor