Wednesday conference sessions have been added to the CISOA & 3CBG 2017 annual conference program that will spotlight the California Community Colleges (CCC) Project Glue initiative and cloud services from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
“Tech Center Wednesday” – a special half-day event presented by the CCC Technology Center – will focus on Project Glue, exploring the technology behind it, what it enables, and how it will impact individual colleges. Additionally, AWS, a Technology Center partner, will discuss how colleges can simplify and save cost with cloud services.
Project Glue is an initiative to create a common, secure, easily deployable method of accessing and updating data across collaborative applications such as ERP/SIS and Learning Management, among others. Using an adaptor approach, Project Glue endeavors to enable integration of all Chancellor’s Office-sponsored technology initiatives without putting additional burden on local college IT departments.
Following a general session overview, three concurrent tracks will dive deeper into Project Glue for Banner schools, Project Glue for Colleague schools, and how the use of cloud-based disaster recovery, business continuity and remote desktop sharing can bolster college IT departments.
The sessions begin Wednesday, March 29, at 11 a.m., as part of the last day of the CISOA conference. Lunch is provided. And stick around for a drawing for some cool tech prizes, starting at 4 p.m.
Special Registration Steps Required
Additional registration steps are required to attend the Tech Center Wednesday sessions. When you register for the CISOA conference, make sure to select Wednesday morning sessions as part of your registration.
If you are already registered for the CISOA conference, you will need to modify your current registration using the following steps:
- On the bottom of the Registration page click the Already Registered? link. After entering your email and confirmation number you will see the Modify Registration page.
- Click on the Registration link in the Modify column.
- Leave current registration information as-is and click the Next button on the bottom to see the Wednesday track options.
- Select Track and click Next at the bottom.
- You will see the Modify Registration page again. Click Next at the bottom.
- Review Your Information Before Submitting page is shown. Click Next.
- Submit Payment/Terms & Conditions page is shown. Click Finish.
Crista Souza is the TechEDge News Editor